If you have an GE Interlogix Concord Express hybrid security system and your keypads are showing System Low Battery follow our troubleshooting guide below.
Touchpad display indicates SYSTEM LOW BATTERY
1. Check that the backup battery is installed correctly and the AC power transformer is plugged in.
2. Measure the incoming AC voltage at the panel terminals 1 and 2. It should read about 16.5 VAC.
3. Remove the backup battery power by disconnecting the red (positive) battery wire. Check for 11.75 to 13.5 VDC battery charging voltage between panel terminal 3 (GND) and the disconnected red battery wire. If the charging voltage is not within range, call Technical Services.
4. Check for 11.75 to 13.5 VDC battery voltage between the backup battery spade lugs. If the battery voltage is not within this range, replace the battery.
Note: When the panel is running a backup battery test, the reading at the connected battery can range from 11.2 to 13.5 VDC. The panel automatically runs a backup battery test under the following conditions: (1) on initial powerup,
(2) during user sensor test,
(3) once every minute when the backup battery has failed,
(4) once every 24 hours at the programmed STIME (UL 98 Options off) or once every 4 hours (UL 98 Options on). With the AC power transformer plugged in, the panel automatically charges the battery.
While the battery is charging for the first time it is normal for the system to indicate System battery failure. This can take a number of hours depending on the initial battery charge.
Once the battery reaches 12.5 VDC (full charge as measured while in battery test), the condition clears. If the trouble condition persists after 24 hours, replace the backup battery.
GE Interlogix Concord Express - Alarm Monitoring Options
GE Interlogix Concord Express - How to Upgrade the System
GE Interlogix Concord Express - Frequently Asked Question's